Whether you are opening a new business or relocating to a new location, don't miss this key public relations and event
marketing opportunity. A grand opening event or ribbon cutting is a celebration of your success, a time to reward and strengthen bonds with clients, staff, and vendors, and also a time to
attract the attention of NEW clients, local media, and community influencers. A well-designed grand opening event is the gift that keeps on giving. Here is how to do it:
- Time - give yourself at least 60 days to coordinate the event. This ensures you can gain dignitaries to attend.
- Set your event goals - gain new clients, reward existing partners and clients, engage media
- Pick a date - that will attract your target guests. Is it an exclusive affair or open to the public?
- Invite People - create a digital invitation that links to your website so you can capture emails. Skip the save the date since it's only a few months out
- Meet Your Neighbors - check-in with your new neighbors or other events going on during the time of your event
- Plan - coordinate your food, decor, branding, entertainment, and take-home gifts - to match the energy of your guests. Is alcohol appropriate for this group?
- Media Engagement - create a press release and reach out to dignitaries, media, and industry influencers
- Photo and Video - record your event with photo and video. You can present this to local media (even if they don't attend your event)
- Ribbon Cutting - purchase ribbon, scissors, and other personalized items
- Timed Agenda - who will speak, when will they speak and what will they say. Best to keep the formal program 15 -30 minutes.
- Best Foot Forward - ensure that the impression that your team and your event experience leaves - is in alignment with the standards you have set for your company, your products, and your
- Follow up - send a thank you email to everyone (the same night or the next day) with a link to the photos which you have uploaded to your social media accounts.
Posh Able Events offers professional event planning
and promotion packages designed to help your Orlando area business launch, grow and prosper, for every stage of your business - from Ground Breaking to 50th